Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jumping on the Blogging bandwagon

The other day i was reading somewhere "Everyone's jumping on the blogging bandwagon. It seems thats blogging is a way these days to announce your online presence". So Just decided that why not announce my presence. where? when? how?... i had no idea and still don't have any. So the best way :) hit the Google ... look for help... and I was trying to find answers for questions in my mind

Now what's a blog?? --- A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic - now how typical should my blog should be?? I guess the best part is links to the other blogs :) with countless number of blogs floating on the web this is not a difficult task at all.

The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs - For which i need others to read my posts - scares me, but the best part that this being online i can be spared of any physical repercussion
Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting) are part of a wider network of social media -- pretty wide range. I think i will find it hard to select a topic to write about.

Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts - hmmm this is interesting. I think I will end up inventing a different league of blogging where posts end up being "one liners"

Having looked into all these was asking myself "Is Blogging For Me??". I think its better to have something than have absolutely nothing.

I would just like to cite a Sanskrit shloka[Short prayer] as I enter into this new arena -

Vakratunda mahakaya
Soorya Koti samaprabha
Nirvighnam kurume deva
Sarva karyeshu sarvadaa.

Meaning O lord with a large body and a twisted trunk, with the brilliance of a billion suns, please make all my work free of obstacles- always."

God bless all the readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment