Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bangalore Roads... An Experience



It has been more than 3 years now, since i landed back in Bangalore. As I go into the rewind mode, i realize that other than Home and Office - my second home, Bangalore Roads have turned out to be my Third home. I spend good number of hours driving on Bangalore roads, negotiating the traffic but today I suddenly realized that it has actually become a part of my life. I am sure I would miss traffic and Miss the drive on this insanely crowded roads in Bangalore, whenever i move out of the garden city.

Each day i look forward to my long drive to Office and back, with my wife giving me company for a good part of the journey. The day I am not behind the wheel, i begin to miss the ride with my wife and not only that I also miss those RJs and MJs who have given me company, every minute I have spent driving on Bangalore roads. Insane Prithvi and Rakesh, Lovely Melody, Rocking Saggy, Dude Barker, and those unintentionally funny Regional channel RJs :). There are times when i can predict which song would be queued up and eagerly wait for my favorite number to be played. Enjoying the drive singing along and experiencing Sun, Wind and Rain truly makes the drive worth while.
Each day on the road is a new experience. Predicting which road will be crowded, which Signal can be avoided and eagerly looking out for small space in between vehicles to just sneak ahead, hours spent on Wikimapia trying to figure out any alternate routes, makes the whole Process a lifetime experience. Those countless number of hours spent waiting at the Signals, hours spent crawling in the traffic, hours spent occasionally zipping through empty lanes are truly an experience that will rest with me for long. At the end of this the satisfaction of reaching your destination makes your drive worthwhile, if I may say so :)
There are other incentives as well when you spend so many hours on the road like, checking out chicks on the road while you wait at the traffic Signal ;) looking at couples and trying to figure out from their expressions whether they just had a fight or not :) looking at those pizza delivery guys trying to sneak through so that they can deliver the pizza within the time limit and probably betting if they will or not :) staring at those Mamus.. who are just on the look out for a scapegoat to make some quick bucks... and so many other things which you would be doing unknowingly and when you start looking back at it, you slowly start realizing that Yes, this indeed has become a part of my life.
I thank Bangalore Traffic for what it has given me till now - the Experience - but all said and done, I would love to see it improve in days to come and wold love to see myself spend more time at my First Home than the third Home :)
Cheers! Bangalore still Rocks...

1 comment: